Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Purging My Closet

My closet has been over run by clothes and junk! OK, mostly clothes. Michael is in the process of losing weight so he has a full range of clothes. As he loses weight, I have been donating his too big clothes to Goodwill. I usually freecycle, but being overweight myself I know how hard it is to find big clothes at a resale shop. I figure my little donation will make some man smile when he is able to find something that fits and not have to spend major bucks.

My side of the closet is not any better, but my problem is I just started my weight loss journey so my full range of clothes have been there for a long time. Well, I decided enough is enough. I went through them and got rid of alot of clothes as you can see from the empty hangers.
I kept the clothes that fit right now, and a couple shirts, skirts, jeans, and capris that are a little snug.
When I hung the clothes back up I turned the hangers backwards like this.

As I wear something I will hang it up normal and hopefully be able to give it away over the next year as I lose weight. Never the less, this time next year I will give away all the clothing that is still hanging backwards.

I figure that I needed some sort of system and I believe this will work best for me.

Do you like to hang on to your old clothes?

**I am linking up to A Slop Comes Clean Extreme Decluttering post.

2 comments:

Kiri said...

That's a great plan. And wishing you all the best for your weight loss journey!

Missy said...

Thanks for for the best wishes!