Monday, January 2, 2012

The Little Things That Count

Psalms 66
16 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.


God truly showed me grace on the first day of the new year and I know it is because I truly trusted in him in the small things. Usually DJ and I will set up our lawn chairs and watch our neighbors fireworks show but after a week at camp and church in the A.M. he decided to hit the rack. Like many I could not sleep due to the fireworks. At about 1:00am it died down (one neighbor decided to start at 12:20 - was their clock off?) Well due to the long drive to pick up DJ from camp and then the late fireworks my fibromyalgia was flaring pretty good. I prayed that God would give me rest so I could go to church in the morning. Wow how God answered my prayer! I woke up feeling awesome and even made breakfast for my family. When I opened the door to go to church I was hit in the face with a cool crisp breeze and the most beautiful blue ski. Wow! My house was so dark and humid inside I never would have known it was a beautiful day outside. I could not stop telling everyone at church how God truly blessed me with a pain free and beautiful new year day. I don't think I will forget that day for a long time. Like some say, it is the little things that count and so true it is. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: